Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Sailing Beyond Lake Superior

Idle minds may lead to strange and interesting outcomes:
When I was twelve years old I got the plans from a Popular Mechanics magazine for an eight-foot racing hydroplane. I had saved my money and bought the two sheets of quarter inch plywood and the few boards that the plans required.    That winter in my folk’s basement, with nothing but hand tools and determination, the little boat took shape. Early the next spring just after the ice went out of Lake Nebagamon I carried the new creation to the water and in it went! Not only did it float, it didn’t even leak! It was wonderful to say the least…it was just like a living thing that I had created with my own hands.
Launching of my second home built dreamboat, 1952, at age 12; an inspiration for bigger and better things. Read Sailing Beyond Lake Superior, one of four volumes in my Sailing series, and discover the story of my first dreamboat.
Many a dreamboat is scuttled by procrastination.

No comments: